I think I need the arms of an octopus. I just sat down with a cuppa and actually thought to myself wouldn’t it be great if I could crochet a granny square while reading my sewing book. I’d
just get so much more done!
Here’s a bit of a roll call of wips and things in my head at the moment…
1) long term project – Nicky Trench’s tweed skirt
2) Heart pompom garland – as yet just a bowl of pompom hearts
3) self striping socks using beautiful yarn from local company West Yorkshire Spinners that I bought on a trip to York with my wonderful and very patient boyfriend.
4) Tea dress from the book from the first series of the Great British Sewing Bee. The fabric arrived today from Croft Mill. I do seem to have been waiting ages for it to arrive but it is beautiful and I can’t wait to get started. However first I have to wash the fabric and prepare the pattern – which I downloaded from the website and consists of 32 pages of A4 that need cutting and sticking together. I’ve never made a garment from scratch before and am a bit apprehensive but hope I can get it done before the end of summer and come out with something wearable!
5) Knitted dress for my friend’s baby, luckily still in utero!
6) Crochet jam jar cover to make a tea light holder. I’ve already made 2 of these which I’ll show you another day!
7) Pastel granny blanket. In this picture you can see my notebook which I’ve been using to record what I’ve been using and planning my next squares so I can remember what I’m doing. As you can imagine from this ridiculous list of projects, I will work on something frantically for a while and then not touch it for weeks.
8) Who knows what number 8 will be? My copy of the book from series 2 of GBSB arrived yesterday and I’d love to try nearly all of the patterns! Must complete tea dress first though!
Crikey. I’ve given myself a headache just thinking about all this! When will I learn to do one thing at once?
Happy crafting everyone! I’d love to hear your thoughts and what you are working on too. ‘Till next time…